At the University of Washington READi Lab, we conduct research related to early detection and intervention for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Our research studies cover a wide range of key areas in autism research. Our research participants are families with and without children with autism.
Why participate in our autism research studies?
When you choose to participate, it not only benefits you and your child, it benefits others impacted by autism. It’s a chance to help advance autism research. Often you will have the opportunity to experience these additional benefits:
- Free assessments and evaluations
- Monitoring of your child’s early social and communication development
- Opportunity to work with highly trained research staff
- Coaching on specialized interventions and strategies
Please send us a note telling us you’re interested or call us at 206-685-6465.
Join the READi Registry!
To improve communication with families who are interested in participating in our ongoing and future studies, we have created the READi Registry where parents can provide basic information about their children’s age, gender, developmental diagnosis, and contact information. This information is provided through a 10-minute web-based survey or paper-based interview.
- You will receive notifications about studies your family may be eligible.
- You will have access to READi Lab tip sheets and other guides/manuals.
- You will stay updated on latest research findings.
There is no compensation for joining the recruitment registry. However, your participation in the READi Registry and possibly our research studies will make a significant contribution to our understanding of how ASD develops, how it can be identified, and how we can effectively intervene to improve developmental outcomes.
You may also enroll by contacting 206-685-6465 to complete the paper based enrollment form over the phone.