How can we increase access to early screening and intervention for underserved families?
The READi Lab is partnering with health care, early intervention, and early learning programs in King County to reduce health care disparities in early ASD identification and treatment. This project involves: (1) conducting focus groups with community providers and families to understand barriers to communicating about ASD concerns, and (2) offering materials and training to community providers with the goals of increasing ASD screening and reducing the age at which children receive ASD specialized intervention.
Funding Source: US Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
Who is Eligible?
- Primary care, Early Intervention, or Early Learning providers working in King County
- Parents of 16-30 month old toddlers who:
- Receive services from one of the providers enrolled in the study
- Have concerns about the development of their toddler
- Speak either English or Spanish
- Completing surveys at 2 time points (3 months apart)
- Bringing your toddler to UW for two assessment visits (3 months apart)
Your time is compensated